Importance of an Energy Saving Audit12 June 2014
Living comfortable and paying the price
CM- Coolroom and freezer energy audits are customary. If you own a restaurant or other business or home that has a coolroom or freezers then you will want to pay close attention.
Performing an energy saving audit on your coolrooms and freezers will save you big-time!
- Check the condenser coils, all freezers and coolrooms have them. If you don’t know how to do this check yourself, hire a professional to do it for you.
- Check the doors. Are they sealed properly?
- Check for general wear and tear that can cause hidden issues you’ll never see unless you take an up close and personal audit.
- Keep the air flowing. Don’t stack your coolrooms or freezers to the ceiling or you will have air flow issues.
Home energy saving audits
Having a general home or business location energy saving audit is smart too. If you running the heater in the winter and a lot of air in the summer, then living comfortable may come at a big cost, especially if you have energy leaks and repair issues that are energy-related.
What is a general home energy saving audit?
Just like auditing your coolrooms and freezers, homes and entire businesses need energy assessments.
Home energy audits = energy assessments, and they are all the same. How do you use your energy? Is your house losing energy? If so you are definitely losing hard earned cash. Can your issues or problems with energy leaks or other energy issues found in your audit be easily fixed? If so, you will be calling on the energy auditor soon.
Doing your own energy audit
- Check for leaks around your windows and doors.
- Inspect your furnace. If you are not comfortable with inspecting your own furnace then call a heating and cooling specialist, who will be able to help.
- Do you have ductwork, most do. Inspect your ductwork for potential tears or patches needed.
Of course you want to be comfortable. You want to be cozy cuddly warm in the chilliest winter times, and easy breezy cool in the hot, steamy summer. But living comfortable can be costly if you have leaks or other issues that cause your energy efficiency level to drop.
If you want to live comfortable then keep your savings in tact by not spending unnecessarily on big energy costs that could have been avoided. A small repair is less costly than a huge energy bill.
Get a coolroom, freezer(s), home and or business energy audit now!
C&M Coolroom Services
Mobile: 0412 536 315
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au