Daily and Weekly Coolroom Maintenance Checklists24 February 2021
Businesses that offer food products have to store them in places that would consistently avoid their spoilage and keep them fresh. One of the places that food products can stay fresh all the time is the coolroom. Without coolroom, an establishment might find it difficult to maintain the freshness of its products as well as keep the overall energy costs of other storage solutions low.
What makes coolrooms recommended for food the industry is that they have features that would sustain their cold temperatures and cater to different types of food products. They can also keep employees and workers safe whenever they are inside these rooms. Given the importance of coolrooms to the industry, they must be maintained all the time. Regular maintenance of coolrooms allows these units to properly combat food storage health issues, maintain the freshness of food products, and sustain business operations.
The tasks needed to be done in maintaining coolrooms may vary, which is why you need to read the manual of the coolroom first. You must likewise follow any maintenance plans that have been recommended by its manufacturers.
Daily Coolroom Maintenance
Once you have checked the manual of the coolroom and its maintenance plans from the manufacturer, then you can now proceed with additional coolroom maintenance tasks. The following activities must be every day to ensure that your coolroom will function optimally.
- Check and record the accuracy of the coolroom temperature. Compare the temperature recorded by the external thermometer to the one recorded by the unit’s thermometer so that you can determine if the coolroom has any cooling problems or faulty parts.
- Inspect the core components of the coolroom. You must check its floors, shelves, walls and other units to know if there are mould, moisture, or other elements that are starting to accumulate.
- Let the cool air to move freely inside the coolroom so that everything will be cooled appropriately. This can be done by checking the number of products that are inside the coolroom.
- Assess the condition of the products inside the coolroom. All expired or spoiled products must be taken out and removed from the unit immediately.
Weekly Coolroom Maintenance
Aside from daily coolroom maintenance, there are also other maintenance activities that must be conducted once a week. These activities are essential so that the coolroom can operate without causing any performance issues or a sudden increase in energy costs. Some of the activities are as follows.
- Clean all the surfaces that are exposed to elements. From walls to shelves and floors, these parts must be wiped clean with mild detergent. Harsh chemicals must not be used if possible.
- Check and record any problems or damages that are present on coolroom parts such as door seals, door hinges, rollers, and parts related to the cooling process. Leaks, stains, and other issues must be identified so that professional technicians can resolve them right away.
If you need help with your coolroom maintenance, we, at C&M Coolroom Services, are open to provide assistance. Servicing Melbourne and its surrounding areas in Victoria, we cater for the full range of commercial and industrial coolrooms, freezer rooms, blast freezers, and controlled environments in shops, factories, supermarkets, laboratories, food processing and preparation premises.
C&M Coolroom Services
Mobile: 0412 536 315
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au